We all know how important it is to keep our kids active but sometimes it’s too hot, or too cold, or too wet to play outside.
We’ve partnered with our sponsor, The Little Gym, to bring you the very best indoor kids activities. Plus bad weather doesn’t have to mean you’re stuck at home, learn all about the great classes at The Little Gym to help keep kids of all ages active and entertained.
The Little Gym
The Little Gym offers parent and child classes starting at age 4 months. Gymnastics, sports and dance classes start for kids as young as 3. Each class offers skill-building activities in a playful non-competitive setting filled with fun and excitement.
Look below for additional information about specific class offerings. Find a Little Gym near you!
10 Awesome Indoor Games for Active Kids
This collection of activities is inspired by all the fun at Little Gym – a place that knows a LOT about getting kids active inside!
Core strength, balance, and more are used with these super fun Bosu exercises.
An indoor obstacle course is a great way tot get active indoors.
Take hopscotch inside with this fun DIY Hopscotch Playmat.
Get out the pre-bedtime wiggles with this quick and easy flashlight scavenger hunt.
Juggling is a super fun activity, made even more cool by making your own balls.
Have the kids running and giggling with this great DIY Bubble Machine – making this a bath time activity is the best way to keep the mess under control!
A masking tape track is the perfect way tot get your car lover moving.
Math and jumping collide with this fabulous free printable game.
Turn craft sticks into hours of active fun. OK, hours and hours of fun!
Get Angry Birds off the screen with this super fun balloon game.
Get Kids Active With The Little Gym
Tired of being stuck in the house? Beat cabin fever with a trip to The Little Gym. The Little Gym offers wonderful classes for kids of all ages, check out these great class descriptions and find the perfect way for your kid to play.
- Parent/Child Classes (4 months “ 3 years) From infant to toddler, our Parent and Child classes promote early development and provide a strong foundation for your child’s critical first three years. Weekly classes will help your child achieve new milestones and prepare for more advanced challenges during each stage of growth. Click here for more details.
- Gymnastics (3-6 years) Practically overnight, your little one changes from an unsteady toddler into a rambunctious child. Independent enough to attend classes without parents, children in this age group still learn best in a structured environment where gymnastics activities are combined with a healthy dose of fun. Click here to find out more.
- Gymnastics (6-12 years) Kids of this age are still growing like crazy, but now each is developing at a unique pace. Classes have been segmented to allow for gender-specific disciplines and varying developmental abilities, giving students the chance to tackle new challenges at their own skill level. Find out more here.
- Sports Skills (3-6 Years) Whether your child grows up to become an active team player, a weekend athlete or an enthusiastic fan, Sports Skills Development classes pave the way for a lifetime of positive sports experiences by offering a solid grounding in the expertise, rules and strategies of team sports. Click the link for more information.
- Karate (4-12 Years) Students learn fundamental karate blocks, punches and kicks in a positive, noncompetitive environment, with the addition of gymnastics techniques for a fun twist on the ancient martial art. Learn more about the two non-contact karate classes.
- Dance (3-12 Years) The Dance program introduces children to ballet, tap, and hip-hop techniques, while allowing them to express themselves through creative movement. The best part? Each new burst of confidence will have you on your toes, too–with a proud standing ovation. Check out all seven class options.
The Little Gym also offers special KinderMusik classes, WonderKids Club, and party packages.
Try The Little Gym!
A big thanks to The Little Gym for sponsoring this post.